If we’ve been at war with food and our bodies for a long time, we’re probably going to be deeply exhausted.
The Relaxed Eating Workshop:
So many of us eat from a place of anxiety, guilt and shame.
So many of us pursue our weight and wellbeing goals from a place of stress, struggle and striving.
So many of us have spent years – sometimes decades – trying to lose fat or gain weight or stop comfort eating or heal our relationship with food.
We keep trying to find THE coach, of THE diet or THE programme that will ‘fix’ us.
But what if you don't need fixing?
What if you could pursue your wellbeing goals from a place of love, of pleasure, of joy?
What if you could release the eating habits that no longer serve you with ease, with trust, with peace?
What if you could discover a whole new paradigm when it comes to food?
A paradigm where food gets to feel safe. Your body gets to be a place of peace and delight. Eating gets to be easy, playful, pleasurable.
This is why I created the Relaxed Eating workshop.
The workshop doesn’t tell you what to eat or how much to eat.
It doesn’t give you rules to follow or demonise food groups.
It doesn’t shame you if you want to change the size and shape of your body or if you want to learn to embrace your body exactly as it is.
This workshop supports you in developing a relaxed, authentic way of eating.
A way of eating that's rooted in love rather than fear.
A way of eating that will support you in achieving the goals you want to achieve, living the life you want to lead and becoming the person you want to be.
For many of us, we stumble across food as a way to protect us from feeling overwhelmed by intense emotions we don’t know how to feel.
This workshop is for you if you...
- Are exhausted from being at war with your body, want to make peace with food and find a way of eating that honours your values, needs and goals.
- Experience a lot of anxiety, guilt and shame around food.
- Have been dieting on and off your whole life.
- Turn to food when you feel lonely, bored, stressed or tired.
- Ping-pong between restricting your food during the day and overeating in the evening.
- Feel disconnected from your body and don't know how to honour your hunger and fullness.
- Feel trapped by food wounds from your childhood and food rules you've absorbed from diet culture.
- Turn to food as a way to feel in control.
- Eat in a way that feels mindless, compulsive or out-of-control.
- Know your eating habits no longer serve you but are finding it difficult to release them.
- Don't trust yourself to keep certain foods in the house.
- Turn down social occasions that involve food.
- Use food as a way of soothing difficult emotions and would like to explore other coping strategies.
- Would like to create a relationship with food that feels nourishing, liberating and fun.
Relaxed Eating isn't just about healing our anxiety and shame about eating, it’s about allowing our nervous systems to feel safe experiencing peace and pleasure.
After exploring the Relaxed Eating workshop you will...
- Know how to set effective weight and wellbeing goals.
- Have released your limiting beliefs around food and created an empowering, life-enhancing narrative.
- Have an understanding of your childhood food wounds and how you can heal from them so they no longer imprison you.
- Be aware of your triggers and built a toolbox of practices to for self-soothing and self-regulation so you no longer need to turn to food.
- Trust that you can feel your feelings instead of using food to escape from the.
- Have an embodied sense of self-compassion for everything you've been through with food.
- Feel deeply connected to your values and embrace them in the way you eat, live and love.
- Have explored new ways of eating, expanded your eating comfort zone and cultivated life-enhancing eating habits.
- Have reconnected with your body and started taking care of it as a way to mother your inner child.
- Embraced pleasure, bliss and delight in all areas of your life.
Our unhealthy eating patterns have healthy inner yearnings hidden within them.
This workshop includes...
- 6 months access to The Relaxed Eating workshop.
- Optional 1:1 coaching for additional support.
- Gentle guidance through the R.E.L.A.X.E.D Eating method.
- Readings on the science behind eating flexibility, gentle nutrition, nervous system regulation, reward-based learning and lots more!
- Inner Divings – our unique blend of yoga nidra, meditation and self-hypnosis.
- Worksheets and 80+ journal prompts.
- Eating practices so you can translate your insights into loving action.
What you'll find inside the Relaxed Eating workshop
The workshop guides you through our unique R.E.L.A.X.E.D eating method, designed to support you in reaching the weight and wellbeing goals that matter to you. It includes seven modules, plus introductory and integration modules, that you can work through at your own pace and repeat as many times as you like. Just click the plus symbols next to each module to find out what we'll be exploring in each module.
The R.E.L.A.X.E.D. eating method
Module 1 · Radically open and regulating
Module 2 · Emotionally aware and empowering
Module 3 · Loving
Module 4 · Authentic
Module 5 · eXpansive and eXperimental
Module 6 · Embodied and Elastic
Module 7 · Delight
Meet your coach
Nicola Jane Hobbs
Nicola is a feminist psychologist, stress and rest researcher and the founder of The Relaxed Woman. She is an Intuitive Eating Counsellor, Ayurvedic Nutritionist and her goal for 2023 is to be able to bake a really good croissant. You can connect with her on social media @nicolajanehobbs.